I was booked on the up Highland Chieftain last week, Perth - Kings Cross Advance Standard class ticket booked through the forum's splendid facilities for the princely sum of £44.58. On arrival at Perth, it was shown running 1hr 15 late, and duly arrived into Kings Cross 2 hr 22 late. LNER have accepted my Delay Repay claim.
But it occurred to me, after the event, that I could as well have paid full fare First class, had a better seat and some at-seat service, for the same price of £0.
What was there to stop me buying that ticket on seeing the train was already so late at the outset (with no hope of regaining any time on the Highland Main Line)?
Just wondering.
GZ
But it occurred to me, after the event, that I could as well have paid full fare First class, had a better seat and some at-seat service, for the same price of £0.
What was there to stop me buying that ticket on seeing the train was already so late at the outset (with no hope of regaining any time on the Highland Main Line)?
Just wondering.
GZ