• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Putney-Weybridge season pass - where can I get off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lb89

New Member
Joined
23 Sep 2010
Messages
4
I have just bought a monthly season pass between Putney and Weybridge. I am trying to find out which stops I can get off at but am having some trouble.

For example, I sometimes want to go from Weybridge to Barnes or West Brompton rather than to Putney. I have looked up the routing guide and found the routing stations associated with each stop:
Putney - Barnes, Clapham Junction
Weybridge - Ascot, Staines, Surbiton, Woking.
I then tried to open the 'yellow pages' but it crashes my computer....

What I'm trying to find out is - if I travel from Weybridge to Barnes/West Brompton, is my ticket valid to get off at either of those stops? And if not, where do I need to buy an extension from? Seems silly to buy an extension from e.g. Putney to West Brompton if I'm not going through Putney.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,517
Location
Yorkshire
Sounds to me like the program (e.g. Adobe Reader / Document Viewer) that you are using to read PDFs needs re-installing.

In this case, for Putney, both Barnes [BNS] and Clapham Jn [CLH] pass the fares check. Therefore both are appropriate Routeing Points.

In this case, for Weybridge [WYB] both Staines [SNS] and Surbiton [SUR] pass the fares check. However Ascot (Berks) [ACT] and Woking [WOK] fail the fares check. Only Staines and Surbiton are appropriate Routeing Points.


Valid Routes from Putney [PUT] to Weybridge [WYB]:

  • Direct trains are valid between Putney <> Weybridge
  • Shortest Route is valid, this is likely to be 16.75 miles as follows:-
    • Putney
    • Wandsworth Town
    • Clapham Junction
    • Earlsfield
    • Wimbledon
    • Surbiton
    • Esher
    • Hersham
    • Walton-on-Thames
    • Weybridge
  • The following Mapped Routes are valid:
    Barnes - Staines:Barnes - Surbiton:
    Clapham Junction - Staines:
    Clapham Junction - Surbiton:
Note: you do not state the routeing on your ticket. The above assumes you have a Rte: Not London ticket.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I travel from Weybridge to Barnes/West Brompton, is my ticket valid to get off at either of those stops? And if not, where do I need to buy an extension from? Seems silly to buy an extension from e.g. Putney to West Brompton if I'm not going through Putney.
You will need a Clapham Junction [CLJ] to West Brompton [WBP] ticket.

Fares as follows:

Oyster Pay As You Go (PAYG) smartcards:
PAYG Single (Off Peak) £1.30
PAYG Single (Peak) £1.40

'Paper' tickets:
Anytime Day Single £1.80
First Day Single £2.40
Anytime Day Return £3.60
First Day Return £4.80

(The same fares apply in reverse)

Your ticket is valid at [stn]BNS[/stn].
Your ticket is not valid at [stn]WBP[/stn]

I hope that answers your question. It's quite a complicated one, I've tried to proof read it as best I can, but I am sure someone will correct me if I have made a mistake!

Note: you can reduce the [stn]CLJ[/stn] <> [stn]WBP[/stn] fares by 1/3 if you switch to an Annual Gold Card rather than monthly seasons.
 

tony_mac

Established Member
Joined
25 Feb 2009
Messages
3,626
Location
Liverpool
also, in future, the season doesn't need to be a monthly.
If it is over a month, then you can choose exactly how many days you want it for - so you can go from a Monday to a Friday, for example, or avoid holidays etc.
 

lb89

New Member
Joined
23 Sep 2010
Messages
4
Hi,

Thank you so much for your reply! And really useful to know that I don't have to buy an exact month.

Just so that I'm completely, clear, when you say 'the following mapped routes are valid', does that mean I could travel to Barnes/Richmond/Twickenham/Feltham/Staines without paying any extra?

Also, one more question - I now understand that I can get off at Barnes and my ticket will be valid, but could I also get on there? So I could do a journey from, say, Barnes to Twickenham on my current Putney-Weybridge season pass?
 

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
15 Jun 2010
Messages
8,583
Location
Crayford
Just so that I'm completely, clear, when you say 'the following mapped routes are valid', does that mean I could travel to Barnes/Richmond/Twickenham/Feltham/Staines without paying any extra?

Also, one more question - I now understand that I can get off at Barnes and my ticket will be valid, but could I also get on there? So I could do a journey from, say, Barnes to Twickenham on my current Putney-Weybridge season pass?

Yes to both. You can make as many journeys as you want between any stations on any valid (mapped) route between your origin and destination. That covers you between Weybridge and Clapham Junction on the main line, and between Weybridge and Clapham Junction via Staines and Hounslow or Staines and Richmond.
 

LexyBoy

Established Member
Joined
23 Jan 2009
Messages
4,478
Location
North of the rivers
Note that your ticket is likely to be rejected by the barriers at intermediate stations. This doesn't mean anything about your ticket's validity - you'll be let out by the gateline staff.
 

ethanol

New Member
Joined
24 Jul 2011
Messages
3
My experience: I have exited at Putney & Clapham Jct ticket barriers with my Kew Bridge - Woking season ticket, so that should be fine.
 

wintonian

Established Member
Joined
15 Jan 2010
Messages
4,889
Location
Hampshire
My experience: I have exited at Putney & Clapham Jct ticket barriers with my Kew Bridge - Woking season ticket, so that should be fine.

I'm pretty sure that would be a permitted route as defined by the routing guide if your season is routed Not London.

Using a route London not Und ticket would certainly be valid but a route Virginia Water one would not.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top