It's actually something I wrote about here a while ago, discussing the service in the 1970s, but while 27/0 were all around Scotland, from Ayrshire to Mallaig, the push-pull locos were little used outside their designated orbit, and just seemed to be kept on Eastfield or Haymarket depots when not assigned. Item here :Going back to the class 27 buckeye question, 24 were pushpull fitted for 10 daily diagrams (5 sets), so they would have spent half of their time in traffic with the buckeye dropped dropped (even if working passenger trains unless every crew who worked class 27s at numerous depots was buckeye trained rather than potentially just Eastfield and Haymarket).
ScotRail Express in the 1980s
I'm wondering what the service frequency/stopping patterns of the 47/7 push-pull ScotRail Express services were in the 1980s? If I remember correctly from the logo used on window stickers, the ScotRail Express routes were considered as Glasgow Queen Street - Edinburgh Waverley and Glasgow Queen...www.railforums.co.uk
Last edited: