• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Purchasing 19c split (with season) at Kings Cross, evening peak

Status
Not open for further replies.

strowger

Member
Joined
2 Sep 2013
Messages
184
Hi,

I need to buy a 19c split for immediate use, on a Thursday evening at Kings Cross at around 1700. I will need to buy (renew) a 7-day season as part of this.

A few questions:

Am I likely to have to queue for a long time to buy a ticket (from a person - as I need a season I can't use a machine) at KGX at 1700 on a weekday?

Am I likely to have any trouble buying a 7DS between two obscure stations in the north, at KGX? I am already in possession of a photocard.

Am I likely to have have any trouble buying a long set (9 separate tickets) of standard day single/cheap day singles, to make up my 19c split, from the manned ticket office?

I know exactly what I need, but want to make sure I'm not asking for trouble by trying to buy my tickets just before departure.

Cheers
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Emyr

Member
Joined
8 Apr 2014
Messages
656
Could you buy the singles in advance and collect from a TVM?
 

tractakid

Member
Joined
12 Nov 2012
Messages
852
Location
Milton Keynes
Do any of the FCC TVMs at Kings Cross or St Pancras have 'buy from another station' facilities? That would much reduce the likelihood of human objection to your long request (by making it shorter) although there really shouldn't be an objection.
 

Adam0984

Established Member
Joined
18 Feb 2014
Messages
1,213
You can buy seasons online too can't ya from certain TOC websites plus your split tickets and pick em all up from TVM at KGX.
FCC do weekly seasons online.
 
Last edited:

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,451
Location
Yorkshire
Am I likely to have to queue for a long time to buy a ticket (from a person - as I need a season I can't use a machine) at KGX at 1700 on a weekday?
ECs passengers Charter states

Our target is that you need not wait to buy a ticket longer than five minutes during peak times or three minutes at other times. Peak times are shown on station information posters

​
I'd guess that 1700 is likely to be within the time defined on the posters as a "peak" time for buying tickets, so their target will be to serve you within 5 minutes.
​
Am I likely to have any trouble buying a 7DS between two obscure stations in the north, at KGX? I am already in possession of a photocard.
I'm sure the staff at KGX will have no problems issuing a Season ticket.

Am I likely to have have any trouble buying a long set (9 separate tickets) of standard day single/cheap day singles, to make up my 19c split, from the manned ticket office?
I wouldn't have thought so.

In the highly unlikely event of problems, asking to see the manager should resolve any issues.
I know exactly what I need, but want to make sure I'm not asking for trouble by trying to buy my tickets just before departure.
I'd allow at least 20 mins before your train is due to depart. That should be plenty of time to queue, get all the tickets issued, and get to the train without being too rushed. Obviously, if you can allow a bit more, that would be good (trains are typically boarding around 20 mins before departure and you might want to get a seat!)
 

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
27 Apr 2011
Messages
18,153
Remember you'll need a photocard for the season ticket if you haven't already got one.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top