Interesting. My advisor hasn't suggested anything like that. Did you specifically ask for it?
No...it was suggested as a possible option as i wasn't getting anywhere with the common Jobcentre vacancies (Warehouse/Factory).
Although i've done some postal and labouring work, my CV is very limited experience wise.
I think it was something they saw it as a bit of a last resort. It's quite expensive and has to be given the go ahead by the managers.
It may well still fall through, we'll see.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I don't like to be negative but I can't see a PTS course directly leading to a job- exactly what kind of job did they have in mind? To be honest, a PTS course lasts 2 days on average and dosnt cost much for an employer compared to other training costs for many rail jobs.
That said, if its not costing you anything then you have nothing to loose and may it well lead to something.
I imagine we are talking labouring on the track. I don't have much experience with tools.
My advisor has sounded me out asking if i would be happy doing 'hard physical work'.
Not ideal, but she had already got me excited when she mentioned pay of around £130-150 a day. I've never earned that sort of money before. As a postman i would take home £220 a week.
My advisor has known other people to take the course. I'm just wondering how accurate her information is?
Maybe the last PTS Jobcentre sponsor was just lucky to be offered work immediately and get good money? Maybe he has experience and is on the tools?