• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

PTG tours to Cuba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin Smith

Established Member
Joined
14 Nov 2009
Messages
1,439
Location
Sheffield
My wife and I are thinking of visiting Cuba and I noticed that PTG tours go there to see the steam on the sugar plantations. Has anybody been on one of these tours or know anything about them (because I`ve tried sending a couple of E Mails to PTG but have yet to receive a reply) ?
We`d probably want to tag on to the railways side of it for a week or so,, then do the cities etc, and finally end up on a beach for a few days to relax before returning home. Could be a decent holiday ?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

theblackwatch

Established Member
Joined
15 Feb 2006
Messages
10,889
I've done a few PTG tours, all in Portugal apart from one in Bulgaria a couple of months ago. I've found them to be well run and organised, if you book the package with hotels they use decent places - although this is reflected in the price as their holidays aren't exactly cheap! I've also found them to be good if you want to deviate slightly from their main package, for example by adding a day or two on, or using a different flight to what the main group is booked on.

I've not done one of their 'culture' holidays, but the reviews I've seen have always been positive - even from the Daily Mail!
 

Justin Smith

Established Member
Joined
14 Nov 2009
Messages
1,439
Location
Sheffield
I've done a few PTG tours, all in Portugal apart from one in Bulgaria a couple of months ago. I've found them to be well run and organised, if you book the package with hotels they use decent places - although this is reflected in the price as their holidays aren't exactly cheap! I've also found them to be good if you want to deviate slightly from their main package, for example by adding a day or two on, or using a different flight to what the main group is booked on.

I've not done one of their 'culture' holidays, but the reviews I've seen have always been positive - even from the Daily Mail!



Have you ever had trouble contacting them ?
I only ask because we've sent them one or two E mails with no reply and I tried phoning them on Saturday and there was only an answerphone, I'd normally expect a travel agent to be open/available on a Saturday afternoon !
 
Last edited:

theblackwatch

Established Member
Joined
15 Feb 2006
Messages
10,889
Never had a problem, normally Paul (the MD) replies quickly. I wouldn't expect a tour operator to be answering phones on a Saturday, look at all railtour promoters websites and the ones who list their office hours are Monday to Friday. This isn't some huge business with 30 staff.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top