• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

PTAN Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

afcb55

New Member
Joined
1 Sep 2015
Messages
3
Hi All,

I'm new here as you can see.

At the moment i'm a station assistant for London Underground but I have a job interview for SWT for a PTAN editor.

Being from a LU background, i'm actually not 100% sure what a PTAN is, I applied assuming it was similar to LU's 'Traffic Circular', can anyone confirm whether this is the case.

Also, does anybody know if SWT refund travel expenses for interviews? Is their salary structure pretty rigid or are most jobs negotiable depending on experience etc.?

Sorry for so many questions, if anybody has any answers or suggestions, I would greatly appreciate your help...
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

theironroad

Established Member
Joined
21 Nov 2014
Messages
3,717
I think, well at least it used to be and can't imagine it has changed, but you will be sent a pass to get you from your home station to where the interview is, which maybe well be Basingstoke or Southampton, though guess could be Waterloo/friars bridge.

Not looked in a ptan for a while, but it has all the amended timetables due to engineering work and special events. It also lists major events going on on SWT patch , lots of phone numbers for guards to use and no doubt a lot more I've forgotten...
 

455driver

Veteran Member
Joined
10 May 2010
Messages
11,329
PTAN was a good aid when I was a guard, very useful publication, although seeing a pile of thick ones used to make my heart sink. I have known them to be 2 inches thick, that is a lot of alteration!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top