YattyBatty
Member
A couple of weeks ago i was rushing to get my train in the morning, barriers were open so i went through. Purchased a ticket as i was getting off and was stopped by someone in St Pancreas International. Now she questioned why my ticket had not been scanned in from Stratford, and i told her at the time i had gone straight through trying to rush for my train. Now she stated that was impossible as they also had inspectors at that station. I panicked realizing i should have just told her which station i was coming from and letting her know it was an honest mistake, however she took my details as she started asking more questions i left as i realized if i stayed any longer i would be very late to work, at the time i thought if she was going to charge or fine me then get to the point but as she never did i left.
I received a letter to one of my previous address regarding this and the people held the letter but for some reason when i got there, there letter was no longer there. So i used my initiative to call Southern Eastern fines. I gave them my details so I knew it would be on file. after speaking to one of their colleagues they had informed me there was no fine and there was going to be a prosecution put into place, which they couldn't explain and didn't make sense to me.
After calling back again for the 3rd time to get my reference number to try and a appeal, i had discovered there was 2 references under my name.
The first reference after looking into it already had an appeal made 4 days before i even called, which wasn't by me, the dates, station, address, d.o.b nothing matched apart from the name. (I also have proof that i was at work, the time the person was stopped and a ticket for that date)
Now the second reference i tried to see if i could appeal however the reference number didn't work. I sent the Southern Eastern proof of my current addresses they said they would be sending me a follow up letter, however i do not want to wait until this has gone to far to do something about it. Can someone advise on what steps to take.
I am a monthly season ticket holder, the only reason i hadn't purchased my monthly pass for month of October is because i was expected to have a complex surgery on the 16th Oct, and wouldn't be travelling or going to work. the last couple of weeks have been quite difficult for me as i recently found out i am pregnant and all the stress of this has had me extremely anxious thinking i could potentially lose my job.
I received a letter to one of my previous address regarding this and the people held the letter but for some reason when i got there, there letter was no longer there. So i used my initiative to call Southern Eastern fines. I gave them my details so I knew it would be on file. after speaking to one of their colleagues they had informed me there was no fine and there was going to be a prosecution put into place, which they couldn't explain and didn't make sense to me.
After calling back again for the 3rd time to get my reference number to try and a appeal, i had discovered there was 2 references under my name.
The first reference after looking into it already had an appeal made 4 days before i even called, which wasn't by me, the dates, station, address, d.o.b nothing matched apart from the name. (I also have proof that i was at work, the time the person was stopped and a ticket for that date)
Now the second reference i tried to see if i could appeal however the reference number didn't work. I sent the Southern Eastern proof of my current addresses they said they would be sending me a follow up letter, however i do not want to wait until this has gone to far to do something about it. Can someone advise on what steps to take.
I am a monthly season ticket holder, the only reason i hadn't purchased my monthly pass for month of October is because i was expected to have a complex surgery on the 16th Oct, and wouldn't be travelling or going to work. the last couple of weeks have been quite difficult for me as i recently found out i am pregnant and all the stress of this has had me extremely anxious thinking i could potentially lose my job.
