zik London
Member
- Joined
- 18 Mar 2018
- Messages
- 7
Hello Everyone,
I need your help with this. I traveled from Catford Bridge to Ladywell ( one stop ) and I tapped my phone on the reader to use my android pay and ran for the train( not knowing it was the wrong train because i wanted to go Lewisham instead and not knowing my phone didnt tap in as i had my headphones in so i didnt hear it beep).
I got to Catford Bridge and realized I had got on the wrong train. So i sat down and started to plan my journey back when an inspector approached me and asked for my ticket. And i brought out my phone to tap it and my reception was off meaning the android pay wasn't working. ( but at the time i didn't know this ) i just thought the contactless wasn't working.
So i explained this to him and he pulled me to the side and said I need to pay a £20 fine. I had no cash on me and he tried my contactless and it didn't work again.
He went on to take my details and this is where the trouble started. He asked for my name and I gave him the short version of my name. Being Nigerian we have very long names so we abbreviate them. He first of all said someone else had used that name and i denied it cause i didnt know who used the name.
He also said the person matched my description and he showed me his ipad and he it said (black/brown). Now i did feel like i was racially profiled. because Its not like black people cant have the same name as other black people. I felt a bit a hurt by that buy i left it and kept pleading my case
I then gave him my full name and my old (parents ) address. where my name is still registered. he asked for my mothers name and also he asked me about my inlaws address cause my name was on that too. I gave him all the details.
And he gave me an MG11 and a ticket to go back to Lewisham. because that was my main destination in the first place. but at this time my anxiety had kicked in and i was so nervous and angry i walked out the station.
Today i received a letter of provisional prosecution and I do not know what to do. I am a design director that works with young people so a criminal record would literally ruin my career.
Please help
I need your help with this. I traveled from Catford Bridge to Ladywell ( one stop ) and I tapped my phone on the reader to use my android pay and ran for the train( not knowing it was the wrong train because i wanted to go Lewisham instead and not knowing my phone didnt tap in as i had my headphones in so i didnt hear it beep).
I got to Catford Bridge and realized I had got on the wrong train. So i sat down and started to plan my journey back when an inspector approached me and asked for my ticket. And i brought out my phone to tap it and my reception was off meaning the android pay wasn't working. ( but at the time i didn't know this ) i just thought the contactless wasn't working.
So i explained this to him and he pulled me to the side and said I need to pay a £20 fine. I had no cash on me and he tried my contactless and it didn't work again.
He went on to take my details and this is where the trouble started. He asked for my name and I gave him the short version of my name. Being Nigerian we have very long names so we abbreviate them. He first of all said someone else had used that name and i denied it cause i didnt know who used the name.
He also said the person matched my description and he showed me his ipad and he it said (black/brown). Now i did feel like i was racially profiled. because Its not like black people cant have the same name as other black people. I felt a bit a hurt by that buy i left it and kept pleading my case
I then gave him my full name and my old (parents ) address. where my name is still registered. he asked for my mothers name and also he asked me about my inlaws address cause my name was on that too. I gave him all the details.
And he gave me an MG11 and a ticket to go back to Lewisham. because that was my main destination in the first place. but at this time my anxiety had kicked in and i was so nervous and angry i walked out the station.
Today i received a letter of provisional prosecution and I do not know what to do. I am a design director that works with young people so a criminal record would literally ruin my career.
Please help