Are protesters allowed to protest, without permission from the relevant authorities, on railway premises, including the handing out of leaflets, under human rights legislation?
The railway byelaws would require permission for leaflet distribution:Are protesters allowed to protest, without permission from the relevant authorities, on railway premises, including the handing out of leaflets, under human rights legislation?
I must admit that some of the byelaws need an update in light of mobile phones, WiFi etc. because you could technically breach them by emailing a prospective employer while on the train.Except with written permission from an Operator no person on the railway shall: 8 (i) display anything for the purpose of advertising or publicity, or distribute anything; or (ii) sell or expose or offer anything for sale; or (iii) tout for, or solicit money, reward, custom or employment of any kind.
Does that mean I can't wear my Coca-Cola t-shirt as well?The railway byelaws would require permission for leaflet distribution:
I must admit that some of the byelaws need an update in light of mobile phones, WiFi etc. because you could technically breach them by emailing a prospective employer while on the train.
UnderDoes that mean I can't wear my Coca-Cola t-shirt as well?
I think that would only work if your intent was to advertise it, rather than it just being something you're wearing.display anything for the purpose of advertising or publicity
What about if I approach the platform whispering, "Always Coca-Colaaaaaa"?Under
I think that would only work if your intent was to advertise it, rather than it just being something you're wearing.
What about if I approach the platform whispering, "Always Coca-Colaaaaaa"?
If that was the case, anyone wearing a football shirt would be banned from the railway (which some might think is a good thing!)Does that mean I can't wear my Coca-Cola t-shirt as well?
"don't have the manpower or resources to stop it" hahaThe endless Palestine protests in Brighton always start in the station. I asked if this was authorised and was told that it isn't but they don't have the manpower or resources to stop it.
Since Gosport doesn't have a railway station the comparison is odd."don't have the manpower or resources to stop it" haha
Definitely no two-tier policing in the UK. Don't look at Gosport.
I think the police are probably making an assessment of the risk of violence."don't have the manpower or resources to stop it" haha
Definitely no two-tier policing in the UK. Don't look at Gosport.
And consider the appearance. If it turned into a riot then it could end up looking very, very bad for the police. Even though they just want to move the protesters along, not shut down their campaign, the media won't present it that way.I think the police are probably making an assessment of the risk of violence.
The ones at Mile End do it on the pavement outside the station.OT, but it wasn't protestors at Manchester Vic today, it was bloody chuggers with one of them chasing after people for whatever save the carrot group they were 'representing'. They are a damned nuisance and should be kicked off the station in my opinion.