reports in today's newspapers suggest that the government are planning to privatise royal mail, if this happens what do you think the future of rail hauled mail will be?, we know they have the infrastructure to a certain extent and i know there was a lot of interest when royal mail stopped there train services by other operators keen to aquire there assets as it were, but it never happened. the proposal, from what i can gather is to give the workforce shares but how this will work and in what capacity i don't know, do any of you with knowledge of these things believe that mail by rail on a large scale could return or is the reliability of road and air travel going to knock that on the head
What might work quite well might not work as well for other places, so I'm exercising my view to be cautious here.
If it does go ahead, I can only hope that railfreight is used more often, just seems to be a waste of money to have these rail connected mail hubs ie PRDC, Bristol Temple Meads, Doncaster, Peterborough etc...and hardly use them.
I don't know if the TPOs can ever make a comeback but by using rail more will only serve to show how green Royal Mail is by using rail for more long distance trips.
To end, I'm neither for or against this action as I believe it's important to make the staff feel valued which then boosts productivetly which then increases profits, this logic is actually quite correct as there was a time I spent in McDs where no one wanted to work and morale was rock bottom, hence new manager who made the staff feel valued and productivelty rose straight away, might also have something to do with the large order of booze he got us at Christmas tellling us as thanks to just help ourselves plus the odd free bowling game,
