I've had two recent experiences with Southern with lost bags - firstly I left mine on a train from Gatwick after an overnight flight. Unfortunately didn't realise until about half an hour later so the unit had already gone back out. However the Southern reception at Victoria located the unit and called through to it's next stop (East Croydon) where the dispatcher retrieved it. I then popped down to collect it.
A friend also did similar, leaving a bag on a Three Bridges bound service. They pressed the help point where the very helpful chap spoke to the guard I believe and had the bag passed on to another guard on a northbound service and we retrieved it from him.
Both definitely above and beyond but when you've lost a bag containing keys, passports etc just passing it on to customer relations and getting it back days later really is an inconvenience, so I'm pleased that Southern certainly do seem to realise this and assist where possible!
A friend also did similar, leaving a bag on a Three Bridges bound service. They pressed the help point where the very helpful chap spoke to the guard I believe and had the bag passed on to another guard on a northbound service and we retrieved it from him.
Both definitely above and beyond but when you've lost a bag containing keys, passports etc just passing it on to customer relations and getting it back days later really is an inconvenience, so I'm pleased that Southern certainly do seem to realise this and assist where possible!