I am confused as to what I should do at West Brompton. I travel from West Brompton to Bletchley and back every two weeks or so to visit an ill relative. Unfortunately I am not able to buy tickets in advance (no fast ticket machine at West Brompton, often can't predict when I travel and so can't book in sufficient time to have them posted).
The ticket office that serves both for tubes and trains at West Brompton now has very limited opening hours, and I often arrive when it is closed. I am unable to buy a fare that takes into account the Young Person's Railcard discount at the single machine that they have there.
The first few times I had this problem, the people at the station let me through the barriers and I bought my ticket on the train. Recently, however, the station supervisor has said that I could not be allowed through the barriers without a ticket and so has obliged me to buy a full price adult ticket.
This seems unfair to me as I pay to have a Young Person's Railcard and so am paying for discounted fares and yet being forced to buy full price ones. Does anybody know what the correct thing to do is in this situation? Should they let me on to the train if they are unable to sell me the correct ticket at the station? Or is it just bad luck that I have to buy full price tickets?
The ticket office that serves both for tubes and trains at West Brompton now has very limited opening hours, and I often arrive when it is closed. I am unable to buy a fare that takes into account the Young Person's Railcard discount at the single machine that they have there.
The first few times I had this problem, the people at the station let me through the barriers and I bought my ticket on the train. Recently, however, the station supervisor has said that I could not be allowed through the barriers without a ticket and so has obliged me to buy a full price adult ticket.
This seems unfair to me as I pay to have a Young Person's Railcard and so am paying for discounted fares and yet being forced to buy full price ones. Does anybody know what the correct thing to do is in this situation? Should they let me on to the train if they are unable to sell me the correct ticket at the station? Or is it just bad luck that I have to buy full price tickets?
