gray1404
Established Member
I travelled with London North Western from Liverpool changing at Birmingham, Watford and Clapham. The service from Liverpool to Birmingham arrived around 12 minutes late and I only had a 15 minute connection. So I just missed my connecting service and arrived at my destination 64 minutes late.
I tried to fill out the delay repay form online. It insisted I inputted all of the trains I intended on travelling on but it did not have the correct data for the non LNR legs of my journey. I therefore emailed Customer Service detailing my intended itinerary and actual trains travelled on, along with an explanation of the missed connection and a copy of the ticket. I received an email back saying they were sorry for the delay and I had provided all the required information and it had been sent to their delay repay team. My problem there is that a member of customer relations staff had look at it so really should have been able to approve the claim then.
Anyway, I log online to my account and see the customer relations staff member had indeed been able to input all the required information and selected missed connection as the reason for the claim. I then heard back from the delay repay team 10 days later saying they were unable to validate a delay of 15 or or minutes to my journey. They have clearly missed the point, a train does not need to be delayed by 15 or more minutes to cause a missed connection to an overall journey.
I therefore had to submit an appeal. I also emailed back Customer Relations explaining the problem. Has anyone else had problems with the external company LNR have outsourced their delay repay claims to, who clearly do not have a clue. Hopefully either my appeal or email back to customer relations will sort this out. Having totally legitimate claims, which have been clearly explained, rejected though is totally unacceptable.
I tried to fill out the delay repay form online. It insisted I inputted all of the trains I intended on travelling on but it did not have the correct data for the non LNR legs of my journey. I therefore emailed Customer Service detailing my intended itinerary and actual trains travelled on, along with an explanation of the missed connection and a copy of the ticket. I received an email back saying they were sorry for the delay and I had provided all the required information and it had been sent to their delay repay team. My problem there is that a member of customer relations staff had look at it so really should have been able to approve the claim then.
Anyway, I log online to my account and see the customer relations staff member had indeed been able to input all the required information and selected missed connection as the reason for the claim. I then heard back from the delay repay team 10 days later saying they were unable to validate a delay of 15 or or minutes to my journey. They have clearly missed the point, a train does not need to be delayed by 15 or more minutes to cause a missed connection to an overall journey.
I therefore had to submit an appeal. I also emailed back Customer Relations explaining the problem. Has anyone else had problems with the external company LNR have outsourced their delay repay claims to, who clearly do not have a clue. Hopefully either my appeal or email back to customer relations will sort this out. Having totally legitimate claims, which have been clearly explained, rejected though is totally unacceptable.