• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Problem with Forum ticket site Keighley to Birmingham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Joined
26 Nov 2009
Messages
13,772
Location
Yorkshire
I've just tried buying tickets for later this week for two of us.

It's turned a return ticket into 6 tickets for each of us. But I'm, getting an error telling me there's too many tickets to issue and to reduce the number of passengers. As there's only 2 of us and we're using a Two Together Railcard that doesn't work.

I'm sure I've had far more tickets than that issued before.

Anuone any thoughts?
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

OscarH

Established Member
Joined
15 Sep 2020
Messages
1,294
Location
Crawley
It's likely it's because of the number of reservations.

As for why more tickets might have worked before, it's possible it's a difference in the number of reservations, or if they were all eTickets, and this is for collection, that can affect some of the limits.

If you DM me or email customer support with the journey details, I'll take a look tomorrow - some of the limits are historic and need reviewing

Oh, and if you want an immediate solution, you could split the journey up where the splits happen and pay separately - it's a pain but it'll allow you to purchase at least, especially if there's advances involved you don't want to lose (and you won't have to pay the fee for the hassle)
 
Last edited:

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Joined
26 Nov 2009
Messages
13,772
Location
Yorkshire
I ended up buying on the forum's old site, but I didn't buy exactly the same journey I'd searched for before.

I'd thought of splitting it up, but nothing annoys my wife more than having multiple different reservations on XC.
 

OscarH

Established Member
Joined
15 Sep 2020
Messages
1,294
Location
Crawley
Ah, glad you got something sorted at least. We will look at trying to improve it so you're less likely to come across it again
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top