• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Preston to Liverpool Stations off peak day return

AlastairFraser

Established Member
Joined
12 Aug 2018
Messages
4,163
Hi all,
I can't get my head round the National Routeing Guide and I would like to see which routes I can use on the "Any Permitted" version of the Preston to Liverpool Stations Off Peak Day Return?
Can I use both via Wigan and via Ormskirk if needed?
Thanks,
Alastair :)
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

alistairlees

Established Member
Joined
29 Dec 2016
Messages
4,416
Hi all,
I can't get my head round the National Routeing Guide and I would like to see which routes I can use on the "Any Permitted" version of the Preston to Liverpool Stations Off Peak Day Return?
Can I use both via Wigan and via Ormskirk if needed?
Thanks,
Alastair :)
Yes
 

pokemonsuper9

Established Member
Joined
20 Dec 2022
Messages
4,645
Location
Greater Manchester
It is also valid via Headbolt Lane in addition to St Helens Central after Wigan or Warrington (walking between the two for South Parkway or back via Earlestown).
 

Djgr

Established Member
Joined
30 Jul 2018
Messages
3,398
And you don't NEED to return to the same station in Central Liverpool
 

jfollows

Established Member
Joined
26 Feb 2011
Messages
10,138
Location
Wilmslow
Hi all,
I can't get my head round the National Routeing Guide and I would like to see which routes I can use on the "Any Permitted" version of the Preston to Liverpool Stations Off Peak Day Return?
Can I use both via Wigan and via Ormskirk if needed?
Thanks,
Alastair :)
The shortest route, any route within 3 miles of the shortest route, and routes shown by maps
  • CP (Ormskirk)
  • KW (Warrington Central & Hunts Cross)
  • XV (Wigan, then Kirkby or Huyton)
at https://rgpp.iblocks.co.uk/maps
 

AlastairFraser

Established Member
Joined
12 Aug 2018
Messages
4,163

It is also valid via Headbolt Lane in addition to St Helens Central after Wigan or Warrington (walking between the two for South Parkway or back via Earlestown).

And you don't NEED to return to the same station in Central Liverpool

The shortest route, any route within 3 miles of the shortest route, and routes shown by maps
  • CP (Ormskirk)
  • KW (Warrington Central & Hunts Cross)
  • XV (Wigan, then Kirkby or Huyton)
at https://rgpp.iblocks.co.uk/maps
Amazing, thanks for all your answers.
 

Top