• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Preston - Plymouth Route

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
26 Aug 2008
Messages
34
Location
Preston
Hi

I am going down from Preston to Plymouth next Wednesday (28th) whilst I will be using the direct route via Birmingham and Bristol on the outward leg, I would not mind taking a more scenic route on the way back. I note that the routeing guide shows travel via Newport and Craven Arms, however it also appears to show travel via Didicot as being valid. Can anyone confirm whether this is a valid route? If it is can I go via Bristol Temple Meads?

Many thanks,

WestCoastTravel.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
Joined
19 Jan 2010
Messages
5,048
Location
Crewe
Preston to plymouth maybe will be preston-birmingham-banbury-didcot-reading-plymouth via berks and hants line. Avoiding london.
 

John @ home

Established Member
Joined
1 Mar 2008
Messages
5,148
Preston to Plymouth ...

the routeing guide ... appears to show travel via Didicot as being valid. Can anyone confirm whether this is a valid route? If it is can I go via Bristol Temple Meads?
Yes. One permitted route combination is MW+WR. MW allows Preston - Didcot. WR allows Didcot - Exeter via Bristol.

You can also choose to double back via Reading with a Preston to Plymouth route Not London ticket.
National Fares Manual NFM 06 CD said:
Easements

Easement 82
Journeys via Swindon and Didcot or via Swindon to Didcot and routed Not London may double back between Reading and Didcot. This easements applies in both directions.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top