wearytraveller
Member
- Joined
- 19 Feb 2015
- Messages
- 51
Hi all
I'm SUPER confused about the array of tickets available for this journey tomorrow - I'd usually just go to harpenden, but as there are no trains until next week I've got to go to Welwyn and get a lift.
The only real fixture is that I need to catch the 11.27 from Kings Cross to Welwyn North, so I am expecting to catch the 0956 from Preston Park to Victoria, then tube to Kings Cross. The 10.02 Thameslink to London Bridge is cutting it too fine, especially given how long it takes to get to the northern line, but none of the train ticket sites seem to be thinking about Victoria/Southern in the journey, putting me on the 09.32 Thameslink to London Bridge.
I have a network Railcard, which is probably why the 0956 isn't considered, but I could buy an off peak single from Hassocks at 10.02 and a single from Preston park, or am I over thinking it?
The Trainline seems to offer a fare on the 0932 for £30.40. Would that also be valid on the southern train to Victoria at 09.56?
Also I'll need to get back from Harpenden to Preston Park on Tuesday afternoon, but I'm not sure if that makes a difference. Would I just have to buy a single for that journey?
I'm SUPER confused about the array of tickets available for this journey tomorrow - I'd usually just go to harpenden, but as there are no trains until next week I've got to go to Welwyn and get a lift.
The only real fixture is that I need to catch the 11.27 from Kings Cross to Welwyn North, so I am expecting to catch the 0956 from Preston Park to Victoria, then tube to Kings Cross. The 10.02 Thameslink to London Bridge is cutting it too fine, especially given how long it takes to get to the northern line, but none of the train ticket sites seem to be thinking about Victoria/Southern in the journey, putting me on the 09.32 Thameslink to London Bridge.
I have a network Railcard, which is probably why the 0956 isn't considered, but I could buy an off peak single from Hassocks at 10.02 and a single from Preston park, or am I over thinking it?
The Trainline seems to offer a fare on the 0932 for £30.40. Would that also be valid on the southern train to Victoria at 09.56?
Also I'll need to get back from Harpenden to Preston Park on Tuesday afternoon, but I'm not sure if that makes a difference. Would I just have to buy a single for that journey?
Last edited: