• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Preston and Liverpool to Norwich - Out 12th Jan return 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.

breadfan

Member
Joined
21 Jan 2013
Messages
235
Location
Oop north
I'm trying to sort tickets for a couple of nights in Norwich for myself (from Preston) and a friend (from Liverpool , or Wallasey to be exact). Ideally getting the mid afternoon. leaving on the 14th after breakfast.

I've looked at splitting the tickets at London but the London-Norwich is coming up £50 each. I've always found this stretch to be quite cheap in the past. Is it too early for advance fares on this section?

Any advice please?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
2,278
Your cheapest fares are probably going to be on the EMT Liverpool-Norwich service, I've seen them as cheap as about £14 end to end without a railcard discount. Bring plenty of drink and snap if you choose that option, the trolley is only LIV-NOT and no long stops for refreshment either.
 

breadfan

Member
Joined
21 Jan 2013
Messages
235
Location
Oop north
Your cheapest fares are probably going to be on the EMT Liverpool-Norwich service, I've seen them as cheap as about £14 end to end without a railcard discount. Bring plenty of drink and snap if you choose that option, the trolley is only LIV-NOT and no long stops for refreshment either.

Haha, yes, I've done the journey a couple of times. It can be odd when you wake from a short nap and you find yourself travelling in the other direction.

EMT, and other sites I've tried are showing £28 each way for those dates. I'm thinking a break in London for a couple of pints may justify avoiding the direct 5 hour trundle.

I will see how much the Liverpool Street to Norwich section is when the advance fares are released.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top