Hi
The mechanical awareness test dosen't seem too bad however I am stuck on two related questions. The answers are given but does anyone have the book and have explanations behind the answers?
Question 19 page 99 asks 'At which point will the beam balance?'. There are arrows pointing at various points ABCDE. There are two weights on the beam and it looks like one is double the size of the other. Question 8 page 67 is pretty much the same question again with one weight double the size although this time they sit at each end of the beam
Anyone know the reasoning behind these questions.
I appreciate unequal weights balance if weight x distance is equal
The mechanical awareness test dosen't seem too bad however I am stuck on two related questions. The answers are given but does anyone have the book and have explanations behind the answers?
Question 19 page 99 asks 'At which point will the beam balance?'. There are arrows pointing at various points ABCDE. There are two weights on the beam and it looks like one is double the size of the other. Question 8 page 67 is pretty much the same question again with one weight double the size although this time they sit at each end of the beam
Anyone know the reasoning behind these questions.
I appreciate unequal weights balance if weight x distance is equal
Last edited: