• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Praise for TOCs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,839
Location
Nowhere Heath
Hey all,

I felt like sharing my positive feedback from experiences with TOCs yesterday and today. Social media and TOC involvement became more useful than ever for me yesterday, as I rarely use Twitter I hadn't realised how useful it is. Perfect example being yesterday morning, I read Virgin's morning tweet and I ended up later enquiring about the chance of getting gen on 390126 and 390132. To my incredible surprise, I got the gen in no time at all :o. Every tweet I've read from Virgin lately has been friendly and a lot of them in the mornings usually are humourous, like today "we've got an IV of tea to get you through the day" which I smiled at :) I like Virgin anyway, but more so now, hopefully my next trip with them is good too!

Later on I happened to get two of my last 3 158s with EMT in the book, and wondered what the chances were of 158862 being out were. So I tweeted EMT and was told it was in the March area, asked for directionality of travel and got the gen I needed really quick. Which was brilliant, no need to fester for that one now! So big up EMT, you've gone up in my estimations!

Other TOCs have been quite good with their Twitter feeds too, so I'm well chuffed I installed the Twitter app now!

Oh yeah, LM's Twitter crew are also brilliant, I must add!

In terms of other TOC positivity, I was even quite happy with Northern too, encountered few delays at all and the worst was 7 minutes on a peak time service.

Hopefully there will be more positive experiences to come next month!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
To build upon this, I must add FGW to the list of positive experiences I've had. Again via Twitter, they were extremely helpful and, thanks to their fast and useful responses, the railway gained some extra revenue it wouldn't have otherwise got. Granted, it was £9, but if I'd not got the gen and checked the options using Live Departure Boards on mNRE, I'd have got on the bus home instead on Wednesday.

Still no praise for ATW forthcoming...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top