Helena895045
New Member
- Joined
- 23 May 2019
- Messages
- 4
Ok, I’ll admit hands down what i did was stupid and definitely deserved it.
The past few weeks I’ve been getting Anytime Open Returns from Hayward’s Heath > London Bridge. The outward journey is valid to use once from 5 days from purchase and the return lasts 1 month. I travel to London around 2-3x per week and have not committed to a season ticket because
1) my work changes per week
2) the prices are extortionate and I can’t afford.
To avoid the automatic gate at LB ‘eating my outward ticket’ I instead bought a cheap Clapham > LB ticket hoping that I could that. Then when I use HH > LB outward ticket I could then use this for the next day up until I know I don’t need to travel in. In short, I was using the HH > LB ticket to cover the first part of the journey without the ticket being taken off and having the pay the whole amount again. Very stupid I know, and it was literally to save money.
I was then caught at the gate by someone that questioned the Clapham > LB ticket (asked about postcode etc and what street I lived on). He then asked to look into my wallet and spotted the HH>LB any time return ticket. Also mentioned they can check how many times this ticket was purchased and that they can check on CCTV. Obviously had to fess up at this time but they still wrote my details down, questioned hard and warned of court action and that they would email or send a letter to me.
I haven’t received anything yet but really scared of the consequences. Any advice on what to do when the letter comes through? Wondering how much this would affect my job if I get a criminal record for fare evasion and if anyone knows whether I can potentially avoid court and agree on a fee
The past few weeks I’ve been getting Anytime Open Returns from Hayward’s Heath > London Bridge. The outward journey is valid to use once from 5 days from purchase and the return lasts 1 month. I travel to London around 2-3x per week and have not committed to a season ticket because
1) my work changes per week
2) the prices are extortionate and I can’t afford.
To avoid the automatic gate at LB ‘eating my outward ticket’ I instead bought a cheap Clapham > LB ticket hoping that I could that. Then when I use HH > LB outward ticket I could then use this for the next day up until I know I don’t need to travel in. In short, I was using the HH > LB ticket to cover the first part of the journey without the ticket being taken off and having the pay the whole amount again. Very stupid I know, and it was literally to save money.
I was then caught at the gate by someone that questioned the Clapham > LB ticket (asked about postcode etc and what street I lived on). He then asked to look into my wallet and spotted the HH>LB any time return ticket. Also mentioned they can check how many times this ticket was purchased and that they can check on CCTV. Obviously had to fess up at this time but they still wrote my details down, questioned hard and warned of court action and that they would email or send a letter to me.
I haven’t received anything yet but really scared of the consequences. Any advice on what to do when the letter comes through? Wondering how much this would affect my job if I get a criminal record for fare evasion and if anyone knows whether I can potentially avoid court and agree on a fee