• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Posh and average streets

Status
Not open for further replies.

northwichcat

Veteran Member
Joined
23 Jan 2009
Messages
32,692
Location
Northwich
In Knutsford there's a road called Manor Park North starting at a junction with a main road and if you continue down it it becomes Manor Park South before rejoining the main road.

Manor Park North has some council houses and an under-performing primary school, along with a regular bus service. The houses (whether they are council houses or not) don't generally have drives or garages so there's generally parked cars everywhere.

Manor Park South has posher houses, the best performing primary school in the town, no bus service and as the houses generally all have drives and garages there's nothing parked on the road. There's also some large trees planted in the street.

Are there many other roads around the country similar to this?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

steamybrian

Established Member
Joined
26 Nov 2010
Messages
2,003
Location
Kent
...what does it prove..
I have lived in five different residences which include a flat, a terraced house, a detached house,
A mixture of rental or privately owned properties
Some without garage. some with a garage,
None of the roads I lived in had a bus service.
Am I posh or average..?
Because I live in the South East people automatically think I am posh....
 

Tibbs

Member
Joined
22 Aug 2012
Messages
894
Location
London
I listened to a program on the radio about Portobello Road (I think). It has some of the poorest people in London living up one end, and it goes to the other end with £5m+ houses.

My friend lived in an ex-council block in Roehampton that was very rough - yet walk 20 paces through a bollarded off road and you were into Richmond Park and the mansions that adjoin them.

You do get it a lot in London - the difference between rich and poor can be the width of a single street.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top