• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

poorly worded TfL Advice regarding Elizabeth Line during strikes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattplans

Member
Joined
27 Sep 2024
Messages
719
Location
London, UK
  • Does anyone else feel like this advice regarding the Elizabeth Line is a bit misleading? 1757101903271.png
  • It says trains will not stop at stations between Whitechapel and Bond Street.
  • Does this not imply the trains are stopping at whitechapel and bond street, and then going non-stop? In actuality, the trains are NOT stopping at whitechapel and bond street. They're going 'fast' from CanaryWharf/Stratford to Paddington non-stopping but I was only able to confirm this looking at RTT/Journey planners.
  • Is this poorly worded or have I just misunderstood?
  • I feel the wording implies trains will not stop at stations between Whitechapel and Bond Street, when it's actually inclusive of those stations.
1757102293532.png
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rebmcr

Established Member
Joined
15 Nov 2011
Messages
4,005
Location
St Neots
I noticed the same thing, and mentioned it in the strikes thread:

That's not 100% clear whether "between" is meant to include Whitechapel & Bond Street themselves. It's obvious to anyone here that they're both LU-affected too, but the general public deserves better communication.
 

boiledbeans2

Member
Joined
15 Oct 2020
Messages
978
Location
UK
I agree, they should've wrote it as "Trains will not stop at stations between Whitechapel and Bond Street, inclusive, at these times"
 

NCT

Established Member
Joined
18 Apr 2025
Messages
2,323
Location
London
Pedantically, doesn't the word 'between' mean inclusive unless expressly stated otherwise?
 

35B

Established Member
Joined
19 Dec 2011
Messages
5,563
Pedantically, doesn't the word 'between' mean inclusive unless expressly stated otherwise?
It can be read either way; my natural instinct was to read "between Whitechapel and Bond Street" as meaning "Tottenham Court Road, Farringdon and Liverpool Street" before clocking the real world absurdity of it.
 

Recessio

Established Member
Joined
4 Aug 2019
Messages
1,541
Location
London
Pedantically, doesn't the word 'between' mean inclusive unless expressly stated otherwise?
I wouldn't read it that way - for example, the events between the First and Second World Wars do not include the First and Second World Wars themselves...
 

Skimpot flyer

Established Member
Joined
16 Nov 2012
Messages
1,940
For simplicity, they should have explicitly stated
Trains will not stop at
Whitechapel
Liverpool Street
Farringdon
Tottenham Court Road
Bond Street
 

Katejo62

Member
Joined
16 Jul 2025
Messages
9
Location
Walthamstow
I travelled in 3 or 4 times last week during the strike. The Elizabeth Line did stop at Liverpool St and Tottenham Court Road. Sometimes only the Dean St exit from Tottenham Ct Rd was open and I had to exit to overground station at Liverpool St to reach the Elizabeth Line but they were open.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top