Iandavies200
New Member
Today we took a trip from Chester to alderley edge.
Upon arrival, the message board informed us that our connection to Alderley had been cancelled. We had to wait a further 25 mins and use a train to Wilmslow, where we then got a taxi to Alderley.
On our return we travelled from Alderley edge to Crewe, then changed to go to Chester. When we got off the train at Crewe the message boards just read “welcome to Crewe”. As it was Sunday no one was there to direct us to the correct platform and by the time the boards gave out information (about 5 mins later) our train had just departed from platform 9 so we had to wait another 30 mins for the Holyhead train.
Every time I use this awful, poorly run station there is a problem that causes a delay and / or extra expense, leaving me feeling angry and frustrated with the experience.
The last time it was a bus replacement , before that cancelled trains causing us to wait an additional hour +.
What can I say? I hate Crewe station and the trains serving it; the service is appalling.
Is it a similar experience at other railway stations? I don’t use public transport much it just seems poor value for money and I am left feeling annoyed and let down , ripped off & hoping for the maximum time to elapse before I am forced to use it again.
Upon arrival, the message board informed us that our connection to Alderley had been cancelled. We had to wait a further 25 mins and use a train to Wilmslow, where we then got a taxi to Alderley.
On our return we travelled from Alderley edge to Crewe, then changed to go to Chester. When we got off the train at Crewe the message boards just read “welcome to Crewe”. As it was Sunday no one was there to direct us to the correct platform and by the time the boards gave out information (about 5 mins later) our train had just departed from platform 9 so we had to wait another 30 mins for the Holyhead train.
Every time I use this awful, poorly run station there is a problem that causes a delay and / or extra expense, leaving me feeling angry and frustrated with the experience.
The last time it was a bus replacement , before that cancelled trains causing us to wait an additional hour +.
What can I say? I hate Crewe station and the trains serving it; the service is appalling.
Is it a similar experience at other railway stations? I don’t use public transport much it just seems poor value for money and I am left feeling annoyed and let down , ripped off & hoping for the maximum time to elapse before I am forced to use it again.
Last edited by a moderator: