• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Pontypool & Blaenavon Diesel Gala 15/16 Oct

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
12 Dec 2009
Messages
634
Location
Carmarthen
Anyone been there Saturday? Great day. Weather bit cloudy but some sunshine too. 37216, 37219, D5627, 73128 all working well despite a few oil / water leaks from various orifices!!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,843
Location
Nowhere Heath
I went on the Sunday as planned and it was a great time. The noise off the 37s going up the bank, phwoar! Shame the 31 didn't work on the Sunday, but these things happen. I've got to go back again for 37421 when it's ready anyway, so hopefully 31203 will work on the same day :)
 

TGVDUDE

Member
Joined
1 Jan 2009
Messages
1,041
Location
Cheltenham
I went on the Sunday as planned and it was a great time. The noise off the 37s going up the bank, phwoar! Shame the 31 didn't work on the Sunday, but these things happen. I've got to go back again for 37421 when it's ready anyway, so hopefully 31203 will work on the same day :)

Yes glad you mentioned 421, did you visit her inside the shed? can't wait to see her out in Regional livery! :D
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,843
Location
Nowhere Heath
Nah, didn't have time for that. Can't wait for her to be finished in Regional Railways colours, should look awesome :D

So long as the beast sounds good too, then I'll be very happy <D
 

yummy125

Member
Joined
2 Oct 2010
Messages
243
Sounds excellent day out, anyone know when the railway will do another Diesel Gala in 2012..?
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,843
Location
Nowhere Heath
A post on the WNXX forum suggests there will be TWO diesel galas next year. One in May and one in October, although exact dates I do not have.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top