• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Polar Express Edinburgh - 2026 Season

Joined
5 Dec 2025
Messages
311
Location
Central Scotland
Hello!

I wanted to get a thread started on something that has been interesting me for a while.

What will haul the polar express out of edinburgh this year? Will it be WCR?

What route will it take?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Isle of Mull

Member
Joined
16 Mar 2025
Messages
355
Location
Ireland
What will haul the polar express out of edinburgh this year? Will it be WCR?

What route will it take?
I think that’s it, I have an itch that’s it’s the ROMIC HST but I’m probably wrong, I’d love to hear the route for the 28th to see SNG, Northern Belle and the Polar Express
 

Gwr12345

Member
Joined
28 Jun 2020
Messages
287
Location
Delayed
I think that’s it, I have an itch that’s it’s the ROMIC HST but I’m probably wrong, I’d love to hear the route for the 28th to see SNG, Northern Belle and the Polar Express
It is the Romic HST. Its promoted by Excursions by Rail - the same people who run Bishop Auckland Railway station. I don't know who's operating it, but if I was to make an educated guess it'd be RailAdventure - I don't think its anything to do with West Coast
 

Isle of Mull

Member
Joined
16 Mar 2025
Messages
355
Location
Ireland
It is the Romic HST. It’s promoted by Excursions by Rail - the same people who run Bishop Auckland Railway station. I don't know who's operating it, but if I was to make an educated guess it'd be RailAdventure - I don't think its anything to do with West Coast
Do you have any idea what route it takes?
 

ajwffc

Member
Joined
30 Sep 2023
Messages
79
Location
Scotland
My guess for the route bassed on past years will be Waverley to Waverley via the sub(depart east then head round to Craiglockhart and return. Or west round to Niddrie then return).
 

Top