• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Poland - cctv monitoring points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deltic

Established Member
Joined
8 Feb 2010
Messages
3,721
Presently travelling in Poland and I note at some junctions there are small CCTV cameras which seem to be focussed on the points. Is this correct and if so are they to aid fault finding and does any other railway use them?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheGuy

Member
Joined
3 Oct 2023
Messages
5
Location
marshalling hill
They are used, mostly, for monitoring level crossings. Probably they have far too low resolution to be used for monitoring points, electrical measures seem to suit this need much better. Also, at some bigger junctions I've witnessed some cameras apparently used by the Polish Railway Police (SOK = Straz Ochrony Kolei) - they even had their markings on the boxes, and were hung much lower than the LC-monitoring cameras (but the one I've witnessed were connected by ****ty AirLive WLAN access points which were mounted outside the boxes, and as the distance was long and there was no line of sight, I doubted did they actually work, or rather acted as scarecrows).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top