• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Please help me with response advice to a prosecution letter!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

john2938

Member
Joined
17 Jul 2024
Messages
15
Location
UK
I'm crying pure tears of joy it's a fine. I've spent everyday with anxiety that this will be an in-court settlement and I will have to explain to every future employer that I did something this stupid. I never thought I'd be this happy to receive a whopping massive fine.

THANK YOU FOR ALL ADVICE. I was so scared to post in here but if I didn't it very likely would have made my fears come true. I will post the final wording I went with if that's helpful to others in the same situation as I was. Thank you Jesus and strangers in the Rail UK forum
 

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
27 Apr 2011
Messages
18,153
Thanks for letting us know. Just to be pedantic you've not had to pay a fine - only a court can impose a fine as a punishment upon conviction. WHat you've paid is an out of court settlement. Paying a settlement might feel like paying a fine but technically it isn't.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top