• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Platforms 21 and 22 currently in use at Waterloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bessie

Member
Joined
30 Oct 2017
Messages
280
I assume the work to get the old Eurostar platforms in use for Windsor/Reading lines is continuing apace. Platforms 19 and 20 currently shut at Waterloo with ex Eurostar platforms 21 and 22 in use. Need an extra 2 mins to run to catch the train!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Joined
5 Jan 2014
Messages
569
Yes it can come as a nasty surprise if rushing to catch a Windsor train. I was on a service on Thursday evening that used platform 22
 

SEClass375

Member
Joined
16 Aug 2016
Messages
112
I have caught a train from both platforms however they weren't SWR trains and it is a bit of a walk from the main part of the station.
 
Joined
5 Jan 2014
Messages
569
I have caught a train from both platforms however they weren't SWR trains and it is a bit of a walk from the main part of the station.


Yes I took a South Eastern service from platform 22 during the December diversion, but then I was expecting the train to be in that part of the station.
 

SEClass375

Member
Joined
16 Aug 2016
Messages
112
During the December diversions platforms 21-24 were treated like a separate station (which I like to call Waterloo West) a bit like Waterloo East because they only display SE services there and they blocked access to platform 20 which would of been very inconvenient if I had to go to somewhere like Egham.
 

paok

Member
Joined
3 May 2010
Messages
82
Not sure why Platform 19 has to be closed - can anyone shed any light?
 

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Joined
7 Apr 2010
Messages
34,300
Not sure why Platform 19 has to be closed - can anyone shed any light?
I think I read somewhere that there will be alterations to the dividing wall to make P19 much more accessible from the enlarged P20-24 concourse so that it can be treated as a 6 platform group dedicated to the Windsor side services.
 

Goldfish62

Veteran Member
Joined
14 Feb 2010
Messages
13,209
I've noticed that at weekends P21 and 22 are closed and P19 is reopened.
 

Goldfish62

Veteran Member
Joined
14 Feb 2010
Messages
13,209
I think I read somewhere that there will be alterations to the dividing wall to make P19 much more accessible from the enlarged P20-24 concourse so that it can be treated as a 6 platform group dedicated to the Windsor side services.
Makes sense. The approach to WIT is restrictive due to there only being two lines and the Down Windsor Slow line is not accessible from WIT so using P19 for Windsor lines services as well increases operational flexibility.
 

SWT_USER

Member
Joined
29 Aug 2010
Messages
1,180
Location
Ashford Middx
P19 currently has a 10 car 458 sat in it, although the platform still seems to be closed to the public. How long before 19 is fully open again?

On another note they need to sort out the departure boards in the 20-24 section. Currently the Shepperton via Kingston services on the mainline side are displayed along with the Windsor side services.
 

30907

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Sep 2012
Messages
21,972
Location
Airedale
On another note they need to sort out the departure boards in the 20-24 section. Currently the Shepperton via Kingston services on the mainline side are displayed along with the Windsor side services.

That actually seems quite sensible, given that you can get to Kingston and Shepperton both ways round, and so long as the platform numbers appear .
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top