Every time I’ve been on one of the Avanti Euston-Birmingham ‘semi-fast’ services, it’s used platform 2 at Rugby.
This seems like an odd choice of timetabling, given that it then has to return all the way back over the Down Fast / DTVF and onto the Down Coventry. Why not just use platform 1 and avoid having to cross the whole formation? I can’t see any conflicts with other services using platform 1, is it perhaps due to the turnout speed off the DF approaching Rugby?
This seems like an odd choice of timetabling, given that it then has to return all the way back over the Down Fast / DTVF and onto the Down Coventry. Why not just use platform 1 and avoid having to cross the whole formation? I can’t see any conflicts with other services using platform 1, is it perhaps due to the turnout speed off the DF approaching Rugby?