I'm sure this is quite a simple question and apologies if it's in the wrong forum
How does the train time information get to platform indicators.
This came to mind when I was sitting on Canterbury West station on Tuesday. Storm Henk day. I was lucky in that my delay was minimal (about ten minutes). The indicator shows where the train is (ie between Ashford International and Wye) expected arrival time etc etc. The time fluctuated and just before the train arrived it was still showing that it would be another couple of minutes. I suppose I thought it was GPS and/or estimated travel times between stations
It's just idle curiosity really and sorry if it is a bit basic!
How does the train time information get to platform indicators.
This came to mind when I was sitting on Canterbury West station on Tuesday. Storm Henk day. I was lucky in that my delay was minimal (about ten minutes). The indicator shows where the train is (ie between Ashford International and Wye) expected arrival time etc etc. The time fluctuated and just before the train arrived it was still showing that it would be another couple of minutes. I suppose I thought it was GPS and/or estimated travel times between stations
It's just idle curiosity really and sorry if it is a bit basic!