• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Platform Assistant/ Customer Service Officer - Nottingham and Derby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Thedispatcher

Member
Joined
7 Feb 2016
Messages
106
Hello, I do the same job for another TOC in the West Midlands and I can tell you my salary is about £22k, it does involve dispatch and it's a good place to start on the railway. I work a four day week with a long weekend every three weeks, Sunday may be different.

I've done an EMT video interview and it's a computerised voice asking you about six questions, standard customer service type stuff and you have two minutes to answer each question.

Hope this helps
 

Thedispatcher

Member
Joined
7 Feb 2016
Messages
106
Generally, the basic length of a shift is 08:45 however we work fostered overtime so under normal circumstances they can be as long as 10:15. Hidden rules apply and the maximum length is 12 hours for safety critical work.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top