Are you saying that it is definitely wrong in this case?You want to believe NRES is always right you go ahead, I can't stop you.
Obviously I would prefer to believe what a Random Internet Stranger says!
Are you saying that it is definitely wrong in this case?You want to believe NRES is always right you go ahead, I can't stop you.
Carried away?
Do you think a police officer would tap somebody on the shoulder and risk startling them? No they would be a bit more professional and if an "excuse me sir" didn't have the desired effect they would catch the person up and approach them without startling them.
My mate has been tapped on the shoulder in the past and he didn't like it, he wanted to punch them after they tapped him
More to the point - when did it stop being the Nynex arena?
Which, of course, isn't what I said.
I wonder how many people commenting actually have the rare specific phobia you mention
A police officer can touch you using reasonable force, to get you to stop and ascertain who you are. You don't have to tell them anything but they could arrest you to find out who you are.
Nobody else is allowed to touch you, but the law does recognise that you may accidentally touch on busy trains or in busy places, such as at a gig and would protect you from prosecution under those and similar circumstances.
Or Assault. Get him fired, just before Xmas too. Make his family suffer. Lose the car, house, lifestyle. Consign him to a life of weekends seeing the kids in his 1 bedroom flat after the divorce.
Some people just want to feel the power - tap tap, you're fired!
You can think that, but it doesn't make it true. Happens almost everyday around here by various officers. No one makes a fuss because it is a simple tap on the shoulder..
Maybe your friend needs to calm down a little, maybe even seek help?
What the hell is wrong with the world today?
On each of the red doors that take you to the arena car park, there is an Emergency Exit sticker.
The doors that take you to McDs also have emergency exit stickers, there is no handles on the station side and when they are properly closed its near impossible to open them when leaving the station. They are also currently barriers blocking them off.
Are you saying that it is definitely wrong in this case?
Obviously I would prefer to believe what a Random Internet Stranger says!
Oh dear. What do you do in an emergency then! How do you escape if the emergency exits are blocked off?
I feel for you. I wonder if this is a battle between human/man, and machine/ticket barrier?Hey guys
This happened to me the other day and I want to ask if anyone works at Victoria, why they won't put some inspectors permanently by the MEN/Trinity Road entrance.
I got off the train as usual, went that way (no ticket inspectors there) then all of a sudden I get tapped by this guy on my shoulder who pulls out an ID card. I can completely see why he assumed I would've dodged the fare (I have that look to me according to my friends) I had a valid season ticket who he just saw then walked off but managed to give me a panic attack which he could see considering I was unable to speak and had to get medication out of my bag but made no effort to apologise.
But yeah, simple question: with like 5 people at the gates constantly and crowds of people doing nothing at the sales desk, would it hurt northern to stick some people by these doors instead of trying to put them out of use? They're a pretty convenient exit point...
Thanks (rant over)!
For some reason, mountains and molehills come to mind.
The inspector should've overtaken the OP, then asked them from in front to stop and show their ticket. Tapping on the shoulder from behind is not acceptable. People do suffer from anxiety, for example the OP and it can trigger an anxiety attack. As someone who suffers myself, it is far from pleasant, and the urge to run can be extremely strong. This could make the situation worse.
I wouldn't want the guy fired, but certainly a word with customer service, to perhaps say, without naming the inspector concerned, that this happened and that it should be mentioned that RPIs should if possible approach from in front, overtaking the person they want to stop if necessary.
I know that isn't always possible... But...
I don't see any indication on these doors that they are not to be used by customers exiting the station. I have seen signs in London that point to "exit only in an emergency," but next to signs to reach other parts of the station, it doesn't mean you can't go through that area.Please find attached three photos taken today. Note that two show the doors in question, the stickers showing them to be an emergency exit and no signs indicating it is anything other than an emergency exit. Note that the third photo is facing the opposite direction.
Please find attached three photos taken today. Note that two show the doors in question, the stickers showing them to be an emergency exit and no signs indicating it is anything other than an emergency exit. Note that the third photo is facing the opposite direction.
The thread title refers to "Plain Clothes Inspectors". Being unsure of what type of position is so involved, can I ask the question ...."will those named people be empowered with the same powers as accorded to a member of the BTP"?
A police officer can touch you using reasonable force, to get you to stop and ascertain who you are. You don't have to tell them anything but they could arrest you to find out who you are.
Nobody else is allowed to touch you, but the law does recognise that you may accidentally touch on busy trains or in busy places, such as at a gig and would protect you from prosecution under those and similar circumstances.
RPIs, were they not? So no.
rubbish
care to provide a proper reference to that ...