• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Piccadilly corridor renewal - travel advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russel

Established Member
Joined
30 Jun 2022
Messages
5,545
Location
Lichfield
I'm visiting Manchester on Saturday 21st...

Where are the replacement buses leaving from in Stockport and at Piccadilly?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Russel

Established Member
Joined
30 Jun 2022
Messages
5,545
Location
Lichfield
Travelled between Stockport and Manchester today, I didn't bother with the replacement bus and used the 192 instead.

One thing I did notice is that the barriers at Stockport really should be left open, the gate line is far, far too small to be in use with the volume of passengers Stockport is handling this week, the concourse and tunnel under the platforms seemed almost dangerously overcrowded.
 

Trackman

Established Member
Joined
28 Feb 2013
Messages
4,287
Location
Lewisham
Travelled between Stockport and Manchester today, I didn't bother with the replacement bus and used the 192 instead.

One thing I did notice is that the barriers at Stockport really should be left open, the gate line is far, far too small to be in use with the volume of passengers Stockport is handling this week, the concourse and tunnel under the platforms seemed almost dangerously overcrowded.
Blimey the 192; that rings a bell. Does this go past Longsight and the Apollo?

I thought the RRB's would be about every 10 mins from Stockport.
 

185143

Established Member
Joined
3 Mar 2013
Messages
5,365
Blimey the 192; that rings a bell. Does this go past Longsight and the Apollo?

I thought the RRB's would be about every 10 mins from Stockport.
It does, and they are. At least... they are on paper.
 

Russel

Established Member
Joined
30 Jun 2022
Messages
5,545
Location
Lichfield
Blimey the 192; that rings a bell. Does this go past Longsight and the Apollo?

I thought the RRB's would be about every 10 mins from Stockport.

Yes that's the one, Stockport, Heaton Chapel, Leverhulme Ardwick.

I was going to get the RRB, then thought I'd get the 192 instead to tick off the route!
 

jfollows

Established Member
Joined
26 Feb 2011
Messages
10,133
Location
Wilmslow
I used to use the 190 occasionally, it was the limited stop version of the 192 because it carried on to Poynton and Woodford. Mind you, I’m talking about the 1970s between 1973 & 1976!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top