• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Photocards

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiffer850

Member
Joined
10 Jun 2010
Messages
6
Hi

I recently purchased a 7 day travelcard from a ticket machine, but accidentally got my photocard number jumbled up. Am I likely to get fined? Should I go to a ticket office to try and get it switched, or keep quiet? I've had the ticket checked a couple of times already and not been pulled up on it, just noticed myself!

Thanks
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Quizmaster
Joined
21 Jan 2010
Messages
5,579
Hi,
Welcome to the Forum.

I doubt you will be able to get it changed but if you don't you are liable for a fine or to pay the full price fare for the journey you are doing.

So simply try and get it changed if you can't buy another ticket!
 

jon0844

Veteran Member
Joined
1 Feb 2009
Messages
30,959
Location
UK
You should go and report it, just in case, although I think it's fair to say that you're not going to have it checked.

In the last 7-8 years, I've never had my annual Gold Card checked to any degree that would let someone spot such an error, so you'd have to be very unlucky in a week! Especially in London where they have very few inspectors anyway.

By the way, how badly did you get it jumbled up? I would hope common sense would apply if two numbers were around the wrong way or something.
 

kiffer850

Member
Joined
10 Jun 2010
Messages
6
Hi

Thanks guys. Basically my number is CBE 83125 and I typed CBE 18325, after a long day at work! :roll:

I'm travelling up to London from the south-west and tickets are checked on most journeys (if the train isn't overcrowded!)

Think I'll stop at the ticket office on the way home.

Cheers
 

142094

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2009
Messages
8,789
Location
Newcastle
As it's only 7 days, I'd just take the chance and not say anything. Very unlikely that you would get pulled up about it.
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,539
Location
Yorkshire
I thought photocards weren't required for 7 day travelcards?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top