Talking to a friend the other day and I thought I would pass this through the forums as there are lots of photographers on here.
They have sort advice, just wondering what the forums think too.
What happened, will be brief as possible:
They have received an email wanting approx £900 for a photo on their website as it unlicensed, and want proof they have paid for it. This is not a scam BTW. If I said the media outlet name you would have heard of them.
Their website is non-profit making and you would be hard pushed to find it on a Google search, so a bot has picked it up.
They have done their research and found its on sale at Alamy for £25, with the copyright owner company named as the owner.
Any ideas anyone? I can provide more info as I'm contact with them, I just wanted to keep it as brief as possible.
Many thanks in advance.
They have sort advice, just wondering what the forums think too.
What happened, will be brief as possible:
They have received an email wanting approx £900 for a photo on their website as it unlicensed, and want proof they have paid for it. This is not a scam BTW. If I said the media outlet name you would have heard of them.
Their website is non-profit making and you would be hard pushed to find it on a Google search, so a bot has picked it up.
They have done their research and found its on sale at Alamy for £25, with the copyright owner company named as the owner.
Any ideas anyone? I can provide more info as I'm contact with them, I just wanted to keep it as brief as possible.
Many thanks in advance.