ex signaller
Member
- Joined
- 16 Aug 2016
- Messages
- 5
I was a Grade 5 Signaller for over 11 years, and took voluntary redundancy, but being bored I decided to try and get back on.
Since I was rejected for Petersfield last August ( "its a starter box, you won't be suitable to move on to Basingstoke or Salisbury, the other 2 will have longer careers than you."), one of the starter recruits is moving on to guess where! Someone confirm where. CONFIRMS that Wessex do indeed use Petersfield as a beginners box.
Ex Signallers or ANYONE old enough to be up against the people who will have longer careers than you BEWARE. Petersfield is indeed reserved for the beginner boys, and I'm sure they do a good job there too! Good luck to you.
There is one long serving Signaller resident, who trains the new to the railway starters. Of course Petersfield can't have 4 relatively inexperienced Signallers at one time.
Come on Wessex, admit it, you don't want anyone over a certain age to block your promotion ladders first rung. Now explain, substantially, how an 11 year grade 5, with a unblemished record didn't get a grade 3, compared to someone with no signalling experience, unless the above is true.
Since I was rejected for Petersfield last August ( "its a starter box, you won't be suitable to move on to Basingstoke or Salisbury, the other 2 will have longer careers than you."), one of the starter recruits is moving on to guess where! Someone confirm where. CONFIRMS that Wessex do indeed use Petersfield as a beginners box.
Ex Signallers or ANYONE old enough to be up against the people who will have longer careers than you BEWARE. Petersfield is indeed reserved for the beginner boys, and I'm sure they do a good job there too! Good luck to you.
There is one long serving Signaller resident, who trains the new to the railway starters. Of course Petersfield can't have 4 relatively inexperienced Signallers at one time.
Come on Wessex, admit it, you don't want anyone over a certain age to block your promotion ladders first rung. Now explain, substantially, how an 11 year grade 5, with a unblemished record didn't get a grade 3, compared to someone with no signalling experience, unless the above is true.