• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

PERTIS machines in the North West

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyward

Member
Joined
8 Dec 2014
Messages
14
Location
Manchester
Hello,

Trying to get hold of a Permit to Travel before they are gone for good! Wouldn't mind going too far out. Did some searches and couldn't find any up to date lists. Anyone care to shed some light on where one could find a PERTIS machine still in use to this date?

Thanks everyone! :D
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

34D

Established Member
Joined
9 Feb 2011
Messages
6,044
Location
Yorkshire
If like the ones down south, they'll only be switched on when the booking office is closed?
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,421
Location
Yorkshire
I was at Dudley Port one evening recently (sorry, not that near Manchester!) and it had no facilities but a PERTIS machine (the ticket office was closed).

I don't think I had to use it (I required a zero-fare excess on my ticket) but I did anyway, if nothing else for the novelty factor. Of course, the chances of a ticket inspection on that part of my journey were significantly less likely than winning the National Lottery!
 

GatwickDepress

Established Member
Joined
14 Jan 2013
Messages
2,588
Location
Leeds
If like the ones down south, they'll only be switched on when the booking office is closed?
Quite a few down south seem to be switched on when the booking office is open as well - Stourbridge Town and Brixton come to mind.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top