• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Person under train near Heald Green

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Joined
22 Jan 2014
Messages
5,628
Location
Birmingham
There appears to have been a serious incident in the East Didsbury/Heald Green (between Manchester Piccadilly and the Airport) area, with 1U86 cancelled throughout.

2K43 hasn’t reported since Gatley at 2347 and 2H48 appears to be stopped at East Didsbury.

I used to live in this area; a fairly nice neighbourhood, and I hope this incident isn’t a fatality
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Joined
22 Jan 2014
Messages
5,628
Location
Birmingham
Bad news unfortunately.

Manchester Evening News said:
Police and paramedics were called to Gatley station just before midnight on Thursday evening after a man was hit by a train.

The man was reported dead at the scene.

British Transport Police have said there are no suspicious circumstances surrounding the death.

Enquiries are ongoing to identify the man and inform his family.
 

ANorthernGuard

Established Member
Joined
8 Oct 2010
Messages
2,662
This time of year sadly means more suicide attempts/successes its sad but it is as people on here have realised it happens a lot more than people outside of the railway think. Thoughts to the Mans family.
 

Red18

Member
Joined
30 Apr 2013
Messages
297
To be honest , if a person has been hit by a train, from the Drivers point of view, I hope it was a suicide rather than an accident.
It's an awful thing to say I know. I just think dealing with a suicide must be traumatic enough but an accident is a whole different level.
I guess relatives and friends of the unfortunate person involved may feel differently.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top