• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Permitted routes on Bramley- Gunnersbury ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkdd77

Member
Joined
16 Nov 2008
Messages
566
This is taken from my post at the end of this thread: http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?p=1802467#post1802467
but separated because it relates to an actual journey I wish to make, and on which I now seek advice.

Is 'via Reading, Staines and Richmond' the only permitted route for a Bramley- Gunnersbury single or return, or it is also valid via Basingstoke, Clapham Junction and Richmond, (or indeed, via Basingstoke and via either Chertsey or Kingston to Richmond)?

The Basingstoke/ Clapham route has a mapped route on map LE, using Basingstoke and Richmond as routeing points, and also appears to pass the 'fares check rule' for travel from Bramley to Gunnersbury using these routeing points.

Bizarrely, NRE gives conflicting results on validity, depending on 'which way round' the journey is.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

OwlMan

Established Member
Joined
25 Jun 2008
Messages
3,206
Are you using a "Via Ascot" or a "Not Via London" ticket? NRE shows via Clapham to be valid in both directions.
 
Last edited:

jkdd77

Member
Joined
16 Nov 2008
Messages
566
Are you using a "Via Ascot" or a "Not Via London" ticket? NRE shows via Clapham to be valid in both directions.

Not via London. For the avoidance of doubt, I am referring to Bramley (Hants) not Bramley (Yorkshire).

I tried again on NRE, adding 'via Basingstoke', and it will give an itinerary, but still tells me that 'I need to buy multiple tickets for this journey'.

Via Basingstoke is not the shortest route, nor within three miles of the shortest route, and clearly isn't a through train, so I cannot rely on that.
 
Last edited:

OwlMan

Established Member
Joined
25 Jun 2008
Messages
3,206
Basingstoke seems to fail the fares rule - SDS "Not via London " £20.20 Vs Bramley at £22.80.
 

kieron

Established Member
Joined
22 Mar 2012
Messages
3,288
Location
Connah's Quay
Basingstoke seems to fail the fares rule - SDS "Not via London " £20.20 Vs Bramley at £22.80.
In what way does it fail the fare check?

I'm wondering if it's something to do with NFM 64, as I can't see anything obvious in the routeing guide. I remember reading that someone has put a version on-line, but I don't recall the URL or enough detail to find it.

I just tried searching for Bramley-Gunnersbury for today at 13:30, avoiding Ascot, and one of its suggestions involves a £24.60 "via Reading" off-peak day single which none of the booking sites can identify.

I really don't know how NRE is coming up with the ideas it is for this route.
 

kieron

Established Member
Joined
22 Mar 2012
Messages
3,288
Location
Connah's Quay
The route it suggested used the underground from Paddington to Willesden Junction, so I suppose that fits.
 

RJ

Established Member
Joined
25 Jun 2005
Messages
8,828
Location
Back office
Basingstoke seems to fail the fares rule - SDS "Not via London " £20.20 Vs Bramley at £22.80.

RJIS just says no to the route via Basingstoke.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I really don't know how NRE is coming up with the ideas it is for this route.

NRE is in a world of its own - it permits routes that are forbidden in RJIS. It also forbids routes that are permitted in RJIS and the NRG. It would be nice to have a list of every easement coded into the NRE website so we know what we're entitled to when we buy tickets!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top