• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Permitted routes London to Llandudno Junction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
8 Nov 2018
Messages
6
I’ll be travelling from London to Llandudno Junction as a final leg home from an interailling trip. I have an off peak return via any permitted route. I’ve gone through the RDG routing guide and I just want to know if I’ve done it right.

I think I’ve worked out that I could travel via Oxford for a break of journey before continuing up to Birmingham to finish off my journey either via Shrewsbury or Crewe. Is this correct?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

30907

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Sep 2012
Messages
21,985
Location
Airedale
I’ll be travelling from London to Llandudno Junction as a final leg home from an interailling trip. I have an off peak return via any permitted route. I’ve gone through the RDG routing guide and I just want to know if I’ve done it right.

I think I’ve worked out that I could travel via Oxford for a break of journey before continuing up to Birmingham to finish off my journey either via Shrewsbury or Crewe. Is this correct?
Yes. Outward break of journey is prohibited but not return.

I'm assuming that for some good reason you're not using the "inbound" day of your IR for this?
 
Joined
8 Nov 2018
Messages
6
Excellent thank you :)

I am not actually going on enough trains to make an IR worth it. I think calling it an "Interrailing trip" might have been a bit generous of me. I am going to London, Amsterdam, Vienna, and Prague (and I guess I can go to Oxford too depending on timings). Using Nightjet between Amsterdam and Vienna, and then European Sleeper between Prague and Brussels. I'm only going away for 4 nights total.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top