Darren R
Established Member
I've just spent the last half hour trying to figure out from the Routing Guides what the permitted routes are between Darwen (DWN) in Lancashire and Leeds - and now my head hurts!
Is a ticket (route Any Permitted) from DWN to LDS valid via Manchester or not? Darwen has both Blackburn and Bolton as routing points, so in theory I could travel via Manchester changing there, or via Blackburn changing there. Both joureys would require just one change of trains - or am I stymied by the difference in mileage? (Darwen - Leeds via Blackburn is 55.75 miles and via Man Vic it's 70 miles.)
But if I travel via Manchester Piccadilly with TPE (which would require extra changes), the distance is 63.5 miles; does this fall within the parameters of allowable difference in distance between permitted routes?
I ask because Copy Pit is about to close until March, and with bustitutions between Burnley Manchester Road and Hebden Bridge the journey time is increased to the extent that travelling via Manchester becomes more attractive. Additionally, NRE is telling me to travel via Manchester once Copy Pit closes, and gives no mention to travelling via Blackburn as normal - but it is wanting to charge me double the normal fare!
Is a ticket (route Any Permitted) from DWN to LDS valid via Manchester or not? Darwen has both Blackburn and Bolton as routing points, so in theory I could travel via Manchester changing there, or via Blackburn changing there. Both joureys would require just one change of trains - or am I stymied by the difference in mileage? (Darwen - Leeds via Blackburn is 55.75 miles and via Man Vic it's 70 miles.)
But if I travel via Manchester Piccadilly with TPE (which would require extra changes), the distance is 63.5 miles; does this fall within the parameters of allowable difference in distance between permitted routes?
I ask because Copy Pit is about to close until March, and with bustitutions between Burnley Manchester Road and Hebden Bridge the journey time is increased to the extent that travelling via Manchester becomes more attractive. Additionally, NRE is telling me to travel via Manchester once Copy Pit closes, and gives no mention to travelling via Blackburn as normal - but it is wanting to charge me double the normal fare!
