ffcphone
Member
EDITED:
For years I have been buying monthly ST between Bolton and Preston. However, recently I was advised to renew between Bromley Cross and Preston as this would be cheaper but still valid on the Bolton to Preston line served by fTPE.
END OF EDIT:
My query is whether any other permitted routes are allowed. Occasionally, I have gone Preston-Wigan North Western-transfer to Wigan Wallgate-Bolton and never had an issue. Will this still be permitted under Bromley Cross-Preston ST?
Also, can someone explain why the fare is cheaper now. Is it because Northern are setting the whole fare rather than fTPE? And will I still be able to access complimentary first class on fTPE at weekends with this new ticket?
Many thanks.
F
For years I have been buying monthly ST between Bolton and Preston. However, recently I was advised to renew between Bromley Cross and Preston as this would be cheaper but still valid on the Bolton to Preston line served by fTPE.
END OF EDIT:
My query is whether any other permitted routes are allowed. Occasionally, I have gone Preston-Wigan North Western-transfer to Wigan Wallgate-Bolton and never had an issue. Will this still be permitted under Bromley Cross-Preston ST?
Also, can someone explain why the fare is cheaper now. Is it because Northern are setting the whole fare rather than fTPE? And will I still be able to access complimentary first class on fTPE at weekends with this new ticket?
Many thanks.
F
Last edited:
(maybe Leyland isn't a timing point so NRE doesn't see it)