I'm trying to find any act of Parliament, proposed bill etc that relates to a colliery connection to the branch line I'm researching but I can't find any clues?
Here is what I know:
The colliery connection is a little over one furlong in length.
The colliery was know as Martholme colliery or the Great Harwood colliery.
The rail connection was opened in 1895.
The connection needed a new embankment coming off the main one.
The L&Y bought land needed for this in 1885 (ten years earlier).
Before 1892 the colliery was owned by the Great Harwood Colliery Company.
In 1892 it was bought by the Altham Colliery Co.
Would the L&Y still need Parliaments permission to build this even though they own the land? if so, I can't find it mentioned anywhere? buried in one of the L&Y acts along with other minor works?
Shouldn't I be able to find some clues apart from what I know?
Help anyone?
Here is what I know:
The colliery connection is a little over one furlong in length.
The colliery was know as Martholme colliery or the Great Harwood colliery.
The rail connection was opened in 1895.
The connection needed a new embankment coming off the main one.
The L&Y bought land needed for this in 1885 (ten years earlier).
Before 1892 the colliery was owned by the Great Harwood Colliery Company.
In 1892 it was bought by the Altham Colliery Co.
Would the L&Y still need Parliaments permission to build this even though they own the land? if so, I can't find it mentioned anywhere? buried in one of the L&Y acts along with other minor works?
Shouldn't I be able to find some clues apart from what I know?
Help anyone?