• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Perfect weeklong trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huntergreed

Established Member
Associate Staff
Events Co-ordinator
Joined
16 Jan 2016
Messages
3,178
Location
Dumfries
If you got an all line rover for a week and didn't have to worry about accommodation, where would you visit? What would be your PERFECT rail trip?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,835
Location
Nowhere Heath
Bearing in mind what I need right now, an ALR is not the most super productive ticket for me currently. I need no track, although saying that I'd use it to get to the various preserved lines and some PSUL moves.

Otherwise, I'd be purely chasing motive power. 91s (not in push mode!) and HSTs on VTEC to get my requirements out of the way. Same on GC actually. Find my last GA 90 as well, not to mention going all out on knocking out my EMU requirements over that way. Up and down HS1 like mad too finding my last 8 395s. Plenty of other options too.

Things like a run up the West Highland Mainline would have to feature too of course, and shack hunting would be highly necessary too.

Oh yeah, and I'd have to go all out on bumping up my mileage too!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top