ChewChewTrain
Member
- Joined
- 27 Jun 2019
- Messages
- 355
I sit upon today’s 1415 off Penzance, due into Paddington at 1926. It has just left Reading at 1907, 9 minutes late. This, the Train Times app tells me, is due to train crew being delayed.
An announcement has been made that there will be an additional call at Maidenhead, which of course is seldom blessed with such long distance services. I was just wondering what the reason for this is. Something to do with dropping off or picking up train crew, perchance? I can’t imagine there being a passenger-related reason; there isn’t any disruption to speak of which would require some other service to be “filled in” for, at least from what I can tell.
I thought maybe our experts may be able to access relevant information today that may not be available tomorrow. Anyway, thanks in advance for any light than can be shed.
(We’ve just stopped at Maidenhead, on the main line, if that makes any difference.)
An announcement has been made that there will be an additional call at Maidenhead, which of course is seldom blessed with such long distance services. I was just wondering what the reason for this is. Something to do with dropping off or picking up train crew, perchance? I can’t imagine there being a passenger-related reason; there isn’t any disruption to speak of which would require some other service to be “filled in” for, at least from what I can tell.
I thought maybe our experts may be able to access relevant information today that may not be available tomorrow. Anyway, thanks in advance for any light than can be shed.
(We’ve just stopped at Maidenhead, on the main line, if that makes any difference.)