• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Penzance to Paddington Tue 18th September

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnasher11

Member
Joined
29 Sep 2016
Messages
64
Hi,
Trying to better the cheapest GWR walk on fare for the above date (£57).
Any suggestions?
Exeter St David's to Waterloo is out due to bus replacement.
I have Devon & Cornwall Railcard and Annual Gold card at my disposal (Gold card is for Isle of Wight stations though)
Don't mind splits, circuitous routes (that don't include buses,) or physical change of trains.
Any takers?
Earliest I can leave Penzance is 14:00.
Thanks
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
Joined
7 Oct 2017
Messages
6,416
Hi,
Trying to better the cheapest GWR walk on fare for the above date (£57).
Any suggestions?
Exeter St David's to Waterloo is out due to bus replacement.
I have Devon & Cornwall Railcard and Annual Gold card at my disposal (Gold card is for Isle of Wight stations though)
Don't mind splits, circuitous routes (that don't include buses,) or physical change of trains.
Any takers?
Earliest I can leave Penzance is 14:00.
Thanks
Sadly that is about as good as you can get it when the SWR alternative from Exeter is out. That's usually relatively inexpensive (and Advances are actually available at a sensible price, different to most GWR services on that route). Then the rest of the journey just until Exeter is not too dear, especially when you split.

However the through ticket is not one that can be undercut by splitting - when using GWR services - as far as far as I'm aware.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top