• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Pendolino Door Vinyls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

virgintrain1

Member
Joined
29 Jul 2011
Messages
241
CrossCountry always amuse me with bright pink doors on outside but still ex-virgin stripes on the interior. Kind of sums up XCs effort on voyager refurbishment.
 
Last edited:

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Joined
20 Oct 2014
Messages
113,643
Location
"Marston Vale mafia"
Thanks folks. FWIW, I think they look better now.

Yes, I think they do look good "in the flesh".
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
CrossCountry always amuse me with bright pink doors on outside but still ex-virgin stripes on the interior. Kind of sins ups XCs effort on voager refurbishment.

Other than the recent catering and seat reservation innovations, I think "can't be bothered" sums up the entirety of their operation.
 

childwallblues

Established Member
Joined
3 Jul 2014
Messages
3,862
Location
Liverpool, UK
I am sure that I had read somewhere that the door sets were being re-furbished at Edge Hill Depot, Liverpool and alterations to the door vinyls were being done at the time. At least four 390/0 (including 390042/43) have been noted with the modifications.
 

talltim

Established Member
Joined
17 Jan 2010
Messages
2,454
Am I the only person who like the stripes?
Oh well, I'm sure I'll still get to see them on the inside of XC trains for a good while.
 

Up_Tilt_390

Member
Joined
10 Oct 2015
Messages
923
UPDATE: From what I understand, it seems that the nine-coach Class 390 sets are the ones with shiny grey doors, whilst the eleven-coach sets are the ones retaining the stripe vinyls. I prefer the latter personally, but is this a personal choice by Virgin to distinguish the sets, or is it a slow phasing out operation or something?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top