Hi team,
Through reddit got recommended this forum. Maybe you guys have tips.
Got a penalty fare for a Cambridge to Bishop's Stortford Greater Anglia trip on a Friday afternoon.
Messed up my own schedule and travelled to an appointment two weeks in advance. Did have a ticket for that date, but of course not for the day of travel unfortuantely.
Paid the £50 on the spot as well as the penalty fare full price.
Cambridge train station fare gates weren't closed so I had access to the station without issue. Had they not been open, I wouldn't have gotten in and of course I'd have gotten an appropriate ticket.
First appeal was unsuccessful.
Any advice / worth appealing further despite first appeal refusal?
Best,
T92
Through reddit got recommended this forum. Maybe you guys have tips.
Got a penalty fare for a Cambridge to Bishop's Stortford Greater Anglia trip on a Friday afternoon.
Messed up my own schedule and travelled to an appointment two weeks in advance. Did have a ticket for that date, but of course not for the day of travel unfortuantely.
Paid the £50 on the spot as well as the penalty fare full price.
Cambridge train station fare gates weren't closed so I had access to the station without issue. Had they not been open, I wouldn't have gotten in and of course I'd have gotten an appropriate ticket.
First appeal was unsuccessful.
Any advice / worth appealing further despite first appeal refusal?
Best,
T92
